How 'bout that Banter???

Monday to Sunday, Music to Movies, Art and Analysis, Rhyming and Writing, All things tall and All things small, this blog simply does it all.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Riding to the Shore




I just finished a poetry assignment for english class and was rather pleased with my words on this January 
evening. I have never been one to share my work but I decided to give it a shot this time. Forgive me if it is awful but I hope you enjoy it, even a wee bit.

Riding to the Shore

Riding to the shore, 
This hour of dark and down,
The daylight is no more,
To the land we are now bound.

After a long day at sea,
Fishing, Sailing, all types of activity,
Now, shore is where we do flee,
Though sea is all I wish to see.

The waves that crash,
The creatures beneath,
Lightning storms do flash,
Mystery hidden at our feet.

Time to depart has come,
As we begin "Riding to the Shore,"
Ah, the land is not fun,
This will be a bore.


GODSPEED.

No comments:

Post a Comment